click image to see full size
Weekly Observations (Week Of 5/28/2021)
- U.S. electricity consumption posted a notable 11% uptick w/w this week and even vs. year ago is up nicely (+5.5%)
- Demand was driven by big increases among MidCon, NE/Atlantic and Southeast consumers this week and California was the only geo market where demand declined w/w
- Wind resource had a fantastic week with double digit w/w improvement (+30%) in generation driving a 170bps increase in the US electricity supply stack for wind this week
- Several other energy sources stepped up with demand, including coal and gas…
- …but solar bucked the uptrend and fell 4% w/w (perhaps due in part to soft California demand where solar plays a significant supply role)
- That said, solar is compiling the best quarter of the energy sources in 2Q21, up 27% y/y as the installed base expands
- Visit the Lium Power Consumption model for interactive forecasts
Not A Lium Member Yet?
Join For Free to get industry situation briefs like this sent to your inbox… or check out our premium Membership Plans Here for access to full data sets, predictive models, and special reports.