click image to see full size
Weekly Observations (data for week of 7/2/2021)
- Wind continues to disappoint, falling even further this week after weakness in June
- This week wind was only 6% of US electricity used, down from 9% last week
- Picking up the slack this week were gas and coal which each had nice little upticks to offset wind as solar and other sources stayed roughly flat w/w
- Regionally, demand was strongest last week in NE/Atlantic followed by the southeast; however, Florida, CAISO, and ERCOT were each down w/w
- U.S. electricity demand in total continued tracking up slightly ahead of year-ago levels last week…
- …But next week’s update will be interesting to watch (especially ERCOT data) as the weather around our Austin office and in other parts of Texas has been cooler than normal
Visit the Lium Power Consumption model for interactive forecasts
Not A Lium Member Yet?
Join For Free to get industry situation briefs like this sent to your inbox… or check out our premium Membership Plans Here for access to full data sets, predictive models, and special reports.