Weekly Observations (data for week of 11/19/2021)
- US electricity demand was about flat this week, but the bigger story was…
- …wind, which was up nicely w/w and is now tracking flat y/y this quarter
- Wind supplied 14% of US power demand this week
- Gas and Coal stepped back as wind picked up
- YTD, solar has had the biggest percentage gains y/y followed by gas.
- Regionally, ERCOT and CAISO had the biggest gains this week (+1.7% and +3.1%) while NE/Atlantic and Southeast dipped
Visit the Lium Power Consumption model for interactive forecasts