- Despite continued rig momentum, the fully-utilized frac fleet drifted lower in May to under 200.
- The surprise drop was driven by 1) slightly lower completions after April surge and 2) efficiency jump – needed fewer fleets to pump the same volume.
- For Q2, the fully utilized fleet count is tracking up ~15% compared to the previous quarter.
- Meanwhile, the number of available fleets (active) has continued to drift higher to ~220 as new entrants redeploy old equipment
- Get more shale stats in our Monthly Shale Activity Data download also recently released
Join Lium For Free And Get Industry Situation Briefs Like This Sent To Your Inbox… Or Check Out Our Premium Membership Plans Here To Explore The Underlying Data, Predictive Models, In-Depth Reports & More…